Pakistan Nutrition and Dietetic Society (PNDS) was founded and registered in 2003 as a professional society with an aim to represent, promote and advance the science and profession of nutrition. PNDS is a non-profit Society being run by a voluntary group of Nutrition Professionals. The society strives to achieve better nutritional status for the population in Pakistan.
- To promote the development of the dietetic and nutrition profession, by keeping abreast with the knowledge in the area of dietetics and nutrition and by providing a platform for collective action as a profession.
- To provide a consultative forum to the Government of Pakistan (GOP) on matters of policy and future planning for nutrition programs and dietary guidelines for the Pakistani population.
- To advice on suitable courses for the training of dietitians and nutritionists and provide continuing education courses to professionals in the field
- To participate in the formation and continuing revision of education standards for eligibility to practice as Dietitians and Nutritionists
- To set up national and international collaboration for nutrition and dietetic research and educational activities in Pakistan and the region.
- To form strategic alliances and associations with like-minded organizations to promote knowledge and awareness of diet and nutrition across Pakistan